Monday, January 9, 2012

Mailbag Monday #1: "Its YOUR Research, So YOU Do It!"

While I've compiled quite the collection of humorous, misleading, and/or downright confusing correspondence with government agencies, I felt it would be appropriate for the inaugural Mailbag Monday to actually be a letter I received today (which coincidentally happens to be a Monday).




While I do understand the position of the National Archives, it is yet another deterrent to my progress. An an independent researcher receiving zero funding for my endeavor, I just don't have the time or resources to pursue this in person.

Note: The original document doesn't include redactions. I found it necessary to remove both my home address (for the illusion of peace of mind) and a portion of one sentence that included some information I don't want to make public just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment